Owning a property filled with beautiful trees is often a notion that appeals to most homeowners. But, one thing many seem to forget when it comes to trees is that they require pruning and maintenance to remain healthy. While pruning trees may sound like a burden to some, there are actually a number of important reasons to consider investing in this necessary service. One of the most important reasons is that it can extend the life of a tree. Continue reading to learn about the many benefits of tree maintenance.
Why is the Pruning of Trees in Your Yard Important?
Having trees on your property is great, but there are important considerations to keep in mind when contemplating whether or not to invest in their maintenance. Reasons in favour of pruning include:
- Pruning is ideal if a particular tree is blocking too much light
- There is ample amount of dead wood on the tree
- Tree limbs are too close to your home’s siding, roof or gutters
- Excess weight on droopy or long branches
- Tree branches are interfering with your views and activities around such areas as a pool, patio, windows, doorways and driveway
- Broken branches are hanging in a tree, which represent a serious safety hazard
Do I Need Pruning if There Are No Obvious Causes for It?
When making a decision to prune your tree, it is important to use common sense. While there are a number of clear signs for it to be done, there are many other reason which are not as obvious to the untrained eye. They include:
- Pruning increases safety for people, cars, play areas and other outdoor structures
- The improved aesthetics of a particular pruned tree could improve your appreciation of it
- Pruned trees have a decreased wind resistance, which results in reducing the chances of the tree falling over or broken branches due to high winds
- Pruning improves the structural integrity of both individual branches and the whole tree
- Ideal if there are tree branches that are interfering with cable, telephone or power lines
- It is very helpful in eliminating damage to the tree if there are any branches that are rubbing or crossing each other
- Pruning helps remove diseased or weak branches, which minimizes the spread of pests and diseases
Need Help With Pruning Your Trees? Go With the Professionals at Martin’s Tree
Pruning trees is NOT something you’d be wise to attempt yourself, simply because it requires a trained and experienced professional to perform the maintenance pruning activities adequately. A DIY approach may result in damaging the tree unnecessarily by cutting off or trimming branches that do not need to be removed. Professional arborists know exactly when and how to prune trees safely and with maximum results. That’s exactly why Martin’s Tree is the perfect choice for your tree pruning requirements. The company has been in business since 2009 and has nearly a decade of experience when it comes to tree-related problems. Get in touch with Martin’s Tree today and ensure your backyard is looking sharply pruned.