A garden dotted with large native trees can be a delight in all seasons, offering shade in the warm summer months, colourful foliage during the Fall, and a haven for natural woodland species throughout the year. The best thing about trees that belong in the natural forest area around Waterloo is that they usually require minimal maintenance. Unlike annuals, indigenous trees tend to look after themselves, unless there are extreme or unseasonal weather conditions.
Having large trees in your yard isn’t without its problems, however, and should the tree die or become diseased, having it removed can be a complex and dangerous process. Despite the scenes you may have watching on television or in a movie, tree cutting just isn’t as easy as it looks.
Stumped for Words
Even once the main part of the plant has been removed, the remaining stump can be problematic for the following reasons:
- Tripping over a stump, especially during a period of heavy snow, can result in serious injury, especially for the elderly or children.
- Stumps can ruin the appearance of a carefully landscaped yard.
- Large tree stumps can restrict the variety of activities your yard is suitable for, limiting your options.
- A leftover stump is haven for insects and can lead to an infestation that will affect all your previously existing plants and lead to expensive pest-control processes and products.
The Sweat and Tears of DIY Stump Removal
Although it may seem straightforward, safe stump removal in Waterloo requires a careful and professional approach. Some homeowners may consider cheaper options such as burning, chemical treatment or hand-digging. Not only can these be more difficult and hazardous than anticipated, they are also extremely time-consuming and labour intensive.
Benefits of Professional Stump Extraction
There are several advantages to calling in experts in stump removal in Waterloo, including the following:
- Timeous and skilful removal means the stump is extracted quickly and cleaning with the use of industrial-grade grinders.
- Professional arborists can remove even the largest of stumps safely and effectively, making sure the surrounding yard is protected, along with its residents – be they humans, pets or wild inhabitants.
- Even stumps pose a potential hazard to surrounding buildings, including your home and those of your neighbours.
- Professionals, such as those at Martin’s Tree Service in Waterloo, will remove all traces of the tree and its stump without endangering your property.
- Debris removal can be difficult for many homeowners. By calling in a specialist, you can rest assured that they’ll remove all the residual remains and waste from the yard, leaving it spick and span.
If you’re concerned about maintaining your yard and property while safeguarding your family, rather than attempting to burn out a large stump, find a company specialising in stump removal in Waterloo and get a quote for a professional extraction job.
Life After the Stump
Once your unsightly stump is no longer, you can spend more time in your yard, thinking about the purposes you most need it for and what you would like to see growing there. In Ontario, a previously thickly wooded area, trees are a great addition to any garden or yard so don’t be put off just because you’ve had one stump removal in Waterloo. Trees not only add beauty to your outdoor area, they also help moderate climate fluctuations and encourage natural pollinators and other advantageous natural wildlife that will create a healthy ecosystem for you and your family to enjoy.